Happy Monday dvm360 readers! As we are getting closer and closer to Halloween, we will be providing some tips and tricks for veterinary teams to help pet parents keep their pets safe. Be sure to check in as we get closer to spooky season to hear from experts!
Until then, here is what you can find on dvm360.com this week:
- A new research study out of UC Davis Veterinary Genetics Laboratory led by Rebecca Bellone provided more evidence that the CSNB2 allele causes congenital stationary night blindness in the Tennessee Walking Horse.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Matt McGlasson, DVM, CVPM, and host Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, sit down to discuss top culture killers in the veterinary practice.
- The American Association of Zoo Veterinarians announced the 2023 Lifetime Achievement Award, an award that honors a lifetime of contributors to the discipline of zoological medicine by a current or former member of the association.
- The Diversify Veterinary Medicine Coalition celebrates the organization and all its accomplishments that are helping to make the veterinary industry a more diverse place for future and current professionals in honor of its third anniversary.
- Guinness World Records shared that Bobi, the world’s oldest dog, passed away at 31 and 165 days old on October 20, 2023. Bobi spent his entire life with Leonel Costa, his loving owner, and his family in the Portuguese village of Conqueiros.
- And more!