© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
This week on dvm360.com: Our DIVM conference coverage, plus more veterinary news
Here is a sneak peek of this week’s headlines
Happy Monday everyone! We hope that all who attended our Directions in Veterinary Medicine (DIVM) conference over the weekend had a great time and learned at least one new thing. While you rest up from a weekend of learning or reading some of our conference coverage, we are continuing to provide, not only the latest from DIVM, but news within the industry as well.
Check out what you will find this week on dvm360.com:
- In a recap from Gianluca Bini, DVM, MRCVS, DACVAA, at the Directions in Veterinary Medicine conference, learn the latest on epidural anesthesia, primarily focusing on which technique and equipment are ideal, along with different drug options, volume calculations, indications, and more.
- Sari Lieberman, LVT, will make her second appearance on The Vet Blast Podcast to talk more about veterinary entrepreneurship, and Carrie Jurney, DVM, DACVIM (Neurology), president of Not One More Vet, Kai-Biu Shiu, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology), and Mariana Pardo, BVSc, MV, DACVECC, join Adam Christman, DVM, MBA to discuss suicide awareness in veterinary medicine.
- During his session at the DIVM conference, Matthew Brunke, DVM, DACVSMR, CCRP, CVPP, CVA, discussed how canine degenerative lumbosacral stenosis is the leading cause of early retirement in working dogs, plus treatment options
- A 7-year-old Mastiff named Henry became the first animal at the Texas A&M Small Animal Teaching Hospital to ring its “BTHO Cancer” bell to celebrate his end of chemotherapy treatment.
- A joint lecture with Brunke and Kirsty Oliver, VN, RVT, CCRP, VTS (Rehabilitation), taught attendees at DIVM what products, and how they work, are available for intraarticular injections such as steroids, platelet-rich plasma, radiosynoviorthosis, and more.
- And more!
Humanimal Trust joins World Federation for Animals
News wrap-up: This week’s headlines, plus Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine presents Temple Grandin, PhD, MS, with an honorary degree
Can our Pride panel answer these LGBTQ+ trivia questions?
Creating inclusive spaces for the LGBTQ+ community in vet med