© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
What percent of practice revenue should go to food and products?
"In a Well-Managed Practice, food and retail product sales typically represent less than 15 percent of total practice revenue," says Jennette Lawson, a consultant with Wutchiett Tumblin and Associates in Columbus, Ohio, which produces the Well-Managed Practice Study in conjunction with Veterinary Economics. "The remaining 85 percent to 90 percent of total practice revenue comes from medical services and products," Lawson continues. "Of the medical revenue, typically 85 percent comes from medical services, and 15 percent comes from medical products."