PrideVMC spotlights Gender Identity Bill of Rights supporters
The organization is celebrating the hundreds of individuals and over 50 organizations that have shown their support through signatures.
In June of 2021, the Pride Veterinary Medical Community (PrideVMC) published the Gender Identity Bill of Rights (GIBOR) to address inequality and inequity throughout the veterinary industry. Now, PrideVMC is celebrating the individuals and organizations that have shown their support and signed the GIBOR.
According to an organizational release, the following 384 individuals and 59 organizations have signed the GIBOR:
- The first individual to sign their support: Andrew Peregrine, BVMS, PhD, DVM, DipEVPC, DipACVM (he/his/him)
- The first organization/workplace to sign their support: Whispering Pines Pet Clinic in Magalia, California
- Groups within the community of affinity organizations: ARVARVA (Australian Rainbow Veterinary Association); Association of Asian Veterinary Medical Professionals (AAVMP); BlackDVM Network; British Veterinary Ethnicity & Diversity Society (BVEDS); British Veterinary LGBT+; Latinx VMA (LVMA); Multicultural Veterinary Medical Association (MCVMA); National Association for Black Veterinarians (NABV); Native American Veterinary Association (NAVA); Pride Student Veterinary Medical Community (PrideSVMC); and Women’s Veterinary Leadership Development Initiative
- The PrideVMC partners that have signed on as of today: Boehringer Ingelheim USA Inc.; Ethos Veterinary Health; and Simply Done Tech Solutions
- The veterinary schools and related entities that have signed their support as of today: Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island; College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota; Colorado State University DVM Program; The University of Arizona College of Veterinary Medicine, Diversity and Inclusion; University of California Davis Veterinary Medical Center; and University of Minnesota CVM Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
PrideVMC urges all members of the veterinary field to acknowledge the existence, humanity, and worth of transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming people within veterinary medicine. Additionally, the organization asks you display your support by completing PrideVMC’s Gender Identity Bill of Rights signatory form.
The Gender Diversity Guide—a follow-up implementation guide—is anticipated to be published later in 2022. All those that sign and commit to the bill of rights will be offered access to the manual.
The PrideVMC Q1 virtual Town Hall will be held tonight from 8:00 to 9:00 pm ET, and the GIBOR and other PrideVMC priorities will be outlined. To read GIBOR, go here.
PrideVMC celebrates Gender Identity Bill of Rights signatories. News release. PrideVMC. February 8, 2022. Accessed February 8, 2022. https://pridevmc.org/2022/02/08/pridevmc-celebrates-gibor-signatories