Packing list: Everything you need to come to CVC Kansas City
Katie James is an Associate Content Specialist for UBM Animal Care. She produces and edits content for dvm360.com and its associated print publications, dvm360 magazine, Vetted and Firstline. She has a passion for creating highly-engaging content through the use of new technology and storytelling platforms. In 2018, she was named a Folio: Rising Star Award Honoree, an award given to individuals who are making their mark and disrupting the status quo of magazine media, even in the early stages of their careers. She was also named an American Society of Business Publication Editors Young Leader Scholar in 2015. Katie grew up in the Kansas City area and graduated from the University of Kansas with a degree in journalism. Outside of the office her sidekick is an energetic Australian cattle dog mix named Blitz.
Use this list to prep for CVC and enjoy your best conference yet.
Getty ImagesYou're just about to invest your time and money in an awesome conference. Want it to be your best conference ever? Consider these insider pro tips to supersize your experience.
What to bring:
• Your registration program – You've already flipped through it and marked your favorites, but be sure to switch it out for the final program you'll receive on site for final details about the sessions you've selected, the exhibit hall, and other FAQs.
• Your CE form – You put in the time to be here, make sure you get your credit and use the form included in the attendee packet you'll receive at registration.
• Your lunch bucks – You won't be able to eat in the convention center without 'em. Make sure not to lose these important tickets, which you'll also find in the attendee packet you'll receive at registration.
• Your attendee badge – You'll find it in your attendee packet too, and you won't be admitted to the lectures or exhibit hall without it.
• Your proceedings – If you chose the proceedings book or CD, you can pick it up next to the registration desk.
• Pen and paper – You'll want to jot down the great ideas the CVC educators will pass on to you.
• A jacket – Though it'll be plenty warm in Kansas City, the convention center rooms tend to be chilly. (If you're naturally pretty cold, think arctic.)
• Your ideas – Keep an eye out for Portia Stewart, Firstline editor, during the show. Share your Pearl of Practice for a sweet surprise.
• A bag for your swag – There are giveaway options aplenty on the exhibit hall floor-grab something you can use to hold them.
What to check out:
• The exhibit hall – New products galore fill the exhibit hall floor. You won't want to miss hearing all about them. This area also features the concession stands, and the dvm360 relax and recharge (yep, go charge your phone up if you need to) lounge.
• The Vet Confessionals Project – Share your secret, and read secrets from your peers at these booths around the exhibit hall.
• The block party – This FREE event on Sunday features live music at the KC Live Block, complimentary appetizers and non-alcoholic beverages (cash bar available), and tons of FUN in on of KC's most popular nightlife areas.
• Evening sessions – You can earn an additional two hours of CE by attending these after-hours sessions.
• The KC Streetcar – The streetcar runs from the KC Live Block to the River Market and makes stops at popular areas in between. Hop on for a free ride and grab a bite to eat or drink along the way.
• Coffee – This ever-important beverage can be found in the convention center near the 2200 lobby (this is the tip you can't live without!)
Visit thecvc.com/kc for more information.