Nominations now open for dvm360®/VHMA Practice Manager of the Year award
Here is your chance to enter—or nominate a colleague for—the 2021 dvm360®/VHMA Practice Manager of the Year contest, sponsored by Nationwide.
COVID-19 was difficult for all veterinary hospitals, and practice managers around the country stepped up their game to devise new protocols, ensure the health (and sanity) of staff, and maintain good relationships with clients despite all the difficulties. To those practice managers who excelled in the face of fear and uncertainty last year, we salute you. And to honor your achievements, we are officially launching the 2021 Practice Manager of the Year contest, hosted by dvm360® and the Veterinary Hospital Managers Association (VHMA), and sponsored by Nationwide.
The contest, which kicks off today, honors practice managers who excel in 4 areas: leadership and decision-making, team motivation and management, lifelong learning, and adapting to change.
In addition to a plaque honoring their accomplishment, the Practice Manager of the Year will receive the following prizes:
- One-year membership to VHMA (If winner is already a member, their 2021 dues will be reimbursed.)
- Complimentary registration to the 2021 VHMA Annual Meeting & Conference in Philadelphia
- Up to $1250 stipend for travel/lodging/meals for the 2021 VHMA Annual Meeting & Conference (receipt reimbursement)
- A 1-year appointment to the dvm360® Editorial Advisory Board
- Complimentary registration to an MJH conference of their choice
Do you work with an outstanding practice manager, or are you one yourself? You have until April 15 to nominate yourself or a colleague for this prestigious title. Here’s how.
How to nominate a colleague
To nominate a great veterinary practice manager, click here. After nomination, we'll contact the nominee to ask them to enter and tell us about a few instances that prove their skills.
How to enter the contest yourself
To nominate yourself for the award (now is not the time to be humble), click here to tell us a bit about your prowess as a practice manager.
For official rules, click here.