News-wrap up: This week's veterinary news, plus the most popular pet names and breeds for 2021
Check out this week's highlights.
As we begin to wrap up this work week, we continue to provide you with a robust mix of the latest (and greatest) industry news and hot topics.
Here's a quick recap of this week's highlights:
- On November 8, 2021, we celebrated the inaugural International Human Animal Bond Day. Learn from animal behavioralist Steve Dale, CABC, about the significance and importance of this day and how it inspires a global initiative.
- Embrace Pet Insurance unveiled its list of the 2021 top 10 pet names, breeds, and common pet insurance claims in the US from its database of over 1 million completed quotes.
- At the 2021 New York Vet show in New York, New York, Andrew Rosenberg, DVM, DACVD, described the basics of canine atopic dermatitis along with insights on approaching a patient with this condition
- In a recent interview dvm360, with Caitlin DeWilde, DVM, founder of The Social DVM, explained the benefits of implementing a 24-hour online booking service in veterinary practices.
- In this installment of The Dilemma, Marc Rosenberg, VMD, takes a deep dive into what practices should do if 1 of their staff members is bitten by a client and tips, plus shares insight on how to approach or prevent similar incidents down the road.
Stay tuned on social media and dvm360.com for more veterinary news.