© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
News wrap-up: This week’s headlines, plus White House designated fentanyl combined with xylazine as emerging threat to United States
Check out this week’s headlines
Happy Saturday dvm360® readers! We are officially one week away for our very first Directions in Veterinary Medicine symposium in Arlington, Virginia. Attendees will experience 2 full days of educational content focusing on critical care, emergency medicine, and emergency surgery to earn up to 16.5 continuing education credits. There is still time to sign up here today.
While we prepare to head to Arlington, here is what was popular this week on dvm360.com:
- Fentanyl that is associated or adulterated with Xylazine was designated an emerging threat to the United States by Rahul Gupta, MD, MPH, FACP, MBA, director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy. This is the first time this designation was used since it was established in 2018.
- dvm360® is heading to Arlington, Virginia, are you joining us? Check out what you can expect on the first of 3 stops of the Direction in Veterinary Medicine symposium next weekend!
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Isaiah Douglass, MBA, CFP, CEPA, and Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, talk all about taxes to help veterinary professionals navigate tax season.
- When it comes to lameness in canines, it is often misdiagnosed as arthritis. Here are 7 hypothetical case studies to show how easy it can be to misdiagnose these patients.
- On this month’s installment of Toxin Tails, while traveling with his owner from California to Utah, Bobby the dog helped himself to a drink from the windshield cleaner bucket sitting between the pumps at a gas station. He did this not once, but twice, resulting in methanol poisoning.
- And more!