© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
News wrap-up: This week’s headlines, plus tips for performing exams on suspected soft tissue injury patients.
Check out this week’s highlights
Good afternoon and Happy Friday! Did you know that today kicks off National Pet Hydration Awareness Month? With July being one of the hotter months of the year, it is important that pet parents understand and know the signs of dehydration to help their pets. So this July 4th weekend, be sure to inform your clients and have them prepare for firework celebrations.
While you get ready for this holiday weekend, here is what was hot this week on dvm360.com:
- A bill put forward by the Arizona Humane Society and the Humane Society of Southern Arizona was recently signed into law to help fight the veterinary shortage in Arizona.
- During an interview at the Directions in Veterinary Medicine conference (DIVM), Arielle Pechette Markley DVM, cVMA, CVPP, CCRT, DAAPM, discussed some tips for veterinary teams to use when performing physical exams on patients who could be suffering a soft tissue injury.
- Our Australian correspondent, Phil Tucak, BSc, BVMS, shared news from the Australian veterinary scene, including the Australian Veterinary Association's new president as well as an update on the Climate Care Program.
- On this episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Shawn Wilkie, CEO of Talkatoo, sat down with our very own Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, to discuss how to make medical record-keeping and charting less painful for veterinary professionals.
- In their joint session at the DIVM conference, Matt Brunke, DVM, DACVSMR, CCRP, CVPP, CVA, and Kirsty Oliver, VN, DAVN (surgical), RVT, CCRP, CVPP, VTS (rehabilitation), the pair discussed a technique called radiosynoviorthesis (Synovetin OA) as a novel therapy approved for elbow OA management in canines.
Did you enjoy our coverage for the Directions in Veterinary Medicine conference and want to experience a dvm360 conference yourself? You are in luck! We are heading to Kansas City on August 26-28 so register here today to qualify for our early bird special.
Humanimal Trust joins World Federation for Animals
News wrap-up: This week’s headlines, plus Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine presents Temple Grandin, PhD, MS, with an honorary degree
Can our Pride panel answer these LGBTQ+ trivia questions?
Creating inclusive spaces for the LGBTQ+ community in vet med