© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
News wrap-up: This week's headlines, plus Directions in Veterinary Medicine symposium begins today
Check out this week’s headlines
Happy Friday dvm360® readers! Our first Directions in Veterinary Medicine symposium of the year kicked off today in Arlington, Virginia. If you didn't get to make it to this one, don't worry, our next DIVM symposium is next month in Miami Florida! Register here today.
As we cover DIVM Arlington, here is what was popular this week on dvm360.com:
- The American Heartworm Society released its new incidence map showing an increase in parasitic cases.
- In this dvm360 interview, DIVM Miami faculty, Dr Matthew Brunke offers insight on differentiating acute versus chronic pain in patients.
- In this installment of The Dilemma, Marc Rosenberg, VMD, describes a scenario in which skilled technicians were being asked to perform more patient services than they may be comfortable with or legally permitted to do.
- On this episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Christina Moore, DVM, MBA, joins Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, to discuss the importance of externships and how they can help amid the veterinary shortage.
- Discover the exciting details of the DIVM symposium being held in Miami, Florida, that will focus on the pain management realm.
- The Association of American Feed Control Officials has responded to a viewpoint article recommending revision on copper concentration guidelines in dog food.
- And more!