Happy Friday everyone! Did you know that yesterday began Hispanic/Latinx Heritage Month? All month long, we will be showcase different Hispanic/Latinx veterinary professionals to learn more about them and how they celebrate this month.
Along with our Hispanic/Latinx Heritage Month coverage, here is what was popular this week on dvm360.com:
- In the latest episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Renee Schmid, DVM, DABT, DABVT, joins Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, as he tries to guess the top 5 most common poisons ingested by pets.
- The Oklahoma City Zoo (OKC) and Botanical Garden welcomed a baby male okapi. The unnamed calf is the first offspring of Kayin, 6, and father Bosomi, 4, and is the 7th calf born at the OKC.
- Do you have an osteoarthritic (OA) cat at your practice? If so, Elizabth Colleran, DVm, DABVP, offers her expertise on how to identify and manage feline OA while discussing the latest treats for this condition.
- In honor of Hispanic/Latinx Heritage Month, Juan Orjuela, DVM, sat down with dvm360 to discuss his path to veterinary medicine and what inspired him to cofound the Latinx Veterinary Medical Association.
- During the American Veterinary Medical Association 2022 convention, Liza W Rudolph, BAS, RVT, VTS (CP-CF, SAIM), explained best practices in order to get blood pressure measurements.
- And more!