Happy Friday dvm360® reader! Have you noticed anything new about our website? We are thrilled to share that we have officially given dvm360.com a new look. Be sure to check out the new site and let us know what you think.
As you check out the new website design, here are some articles from this week:
- dvm360 is excited to announce the launch of the its 2023 Innovator of the Year™ award program. In partnership with Chewy, this award honors a veterinarian and paraprofessional who is creating a better future for the veterinary industry through innovate measures. Nominations are open now through October 13, 2023.
- This week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast is also a chance to earn continuing education credits. Learn from guest Dana Liska, DVM, DACVD, as she gives updates on dermatology for general practitioners. Liska gives listeners tips they can use on their dermatology cases, including getting your clinic ready for Itchy Pet Awareness Month.
- Zoo Atlanta shared it broke ground on its new veterinary complex, The Rollins Animal Health Center. Named after The Gary W. Rollins Foundation, an organization that has supported the zoo for years, this new complex will bring state-of-the-art equipment and design elements to the zoo.
- During an interview with dvm360 at the 2023 American Veterinary Medical Association Convention in Denver, Colorado, Laila Proença, DVM, PhD, MV, MSc, DACZM, CEO and founder of VetAhead, explained how once she recognized the importance of questioning things that happen in the workplace, it gave her leverage to come to a solution or find a better work environment.
- FDA officials are currently seeking feedback from the public on a report that outlines potential framework for establishing a public-private-partnership to analyze and collect antimicrobial use data from food producing animals. Funded by the FDA, The Reagan-Udall Foundation prepared the report which summarizes completed work over a multi-year cooperative agreement.
- And more!
Along with our new look, did you know that our Atlantic Coast Veterinary Conference has officially rebranded to Fetch Coastal? You can learn more about the rebranding here and then head over to the Fetch Coastal website to secure your spot!