Hello dvm360 readers! Can you believe that we are already closing out September and heading into October? With October comes our next Fetch dvm360 conference, Fetch Coastal. This 3-day conference includes 4 keynotes, 20 hours of continuing education available, over 55 faculty members, and more than 100 exhibitors. We are less than 2 weeks away, so be sure to register here today to make sure you are not missing out!
Here is what was popular this week on dvm360.com:
- In recognition of World Rabies Day, SPCA International awarded over $30,000 in grants to 9 organizations to help dogs in Borneo, Tanzania, Pakistan, Cuba, and India receive rabies vaccinations.
- Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences announced a 230 million dollar expansion of its veterinary complex that will allow the school to bring in more veterinary students and provide better access to veterinary care for the community.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Christie D’Andrea, DVM, founder of Veterinary Urgent Care Centers (VUCC), shares with host Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, what inspired her to open up VUCC, plus how she adopted human urgent care principles into her clinics.
- Our cover story from the September print issue of dvm360 is now live! Learn how to look out for mobility issues during your routine wellness exams to become a wellness superhero in 5 minutes or less.
- Ginkgo Bioworks and Texas A&M University announced they have jointly been awarded a research grant from the US Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service via the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Agriculture and Food Research Initiative to study SARS-CoV-2 in the white-tailed deer population in Texas.
- A new episode of dvm360 Live! was released earlier this week! Christman is joined by Jules Benson, BVSc, MRCV, chief veterinary officer at Nationwide to discuss why pet data in veterinary care is important, plus a new program from Nationwide.
- And more!