Happy Friday dvm360 readers! We hope that you all had a healthy and happy week and are looking forward to a relaxing weekend. With the Thanksgiving holiday less than a week away, we wanted to express our sincere gratitude to all of our loyal readers and conference attendees. We would not be here without all of you and we are thankful each and every day.
As we prepare for the holiday season to kick off, here is what was popular this week on dvm360.com:
- Practice managers and hospital administrators are an extremely crucial part of any veterinary team. Throughout the week, we have honored practice managers through interviews and written content pieces, including this article that asked veterinary professionals what their thoughts are on Practice Manager Appreciation Week.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, host Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, sat down with Mita Malhotra, president of Chewy Health, to discuss innovation within the veterinary industry, insights on how to support veterinary team, and more on Chewy and dvm360’s Innovator of the Year award.
- Zoetis and Adopt a Pet announced a partnership that is working to improve access to care for animals that are living in shelters. The partnership invested nearly $1 million to provide more educational resources for those caring for these pets and the clients who adopt them.
- Oakland Zoo shared the news that 2 mountain lion siblings between 6 and 10 weeks old were rescued and transported to the zoo by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife after residents reported the cubs in the area.
- Brian Faulkner, BSc (Hons), BVM&S, CertGP (SAM), CertGP (BPS), MBA, MSc (Psych), FRCVS, recently gave a lecture at the New York Vet Show where he discussed tips on how veterinary teams can train client service representatives to better optimize their role within the clinic.
- During an interview with dvm360, Jessica Pritchard, VMD, MS, DACVIM (SAIM), shared tips on how to have successful conversations with clients whose pet has recently been diagnosed with diabetes.
- And more!