Good afternoon dvm360 readers! As we are closing out National Veterinary Technician Week, we wanted to sincerely extend our gratitude and admiration for all the amazing veterinary technicians out there. The hard work and dedication you have to the industry is not unnoticed and we appreciate all that you do every day.
As we continue to celebrate National Veterinary Technician Week, here is what was popular this week on dvm360.com:
- Covetrus, Pets Best, and the American Veterinary Medical Association announced this week that the companies will join forces to give 35 veterinary technicians mentoring scholarships through MentorVet’s MentorVet Tech program.
- During an interview with , Mark Harris, Jr, LVT, BS, shared what he believes the future of veterinary technicians will look like, plus what he thinks about National Veterinary Technician Week.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Kelly Cairns, DVM, MS, DACVI (SAIM), and Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, chat about how the veterinary industry can better support its technicians, plus initiatives that Thrive Pet Healthcare has implemented.
- Our dvm360 October 2023 cover story is now available! Our cover story focuses on how veterinary professionals are showing their appreciation during National Veterinary Technician Week, and beyond.
- The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) disclosed that Susan Herbet, RVT, from Chestermere Veterinary Clinic in Alberta, Canada, won its 2023 Veterinary Technician of the Year award.
- Liza Wysong, BAS, RVT, VTS (CP-CF, SAIM) explains the discrepancies of diabetes in dogs and cats, plus why it is important to give each patient an individualized approach during her recent lecture at this year’s Fetch Coastal conference.
- And more!
Did you know that we are 41 days away from our next and final Fetch conference of 2023? Join the dvm360 staff and our incredible faculty in Long Beach, California, on December 1-3, 2023. Check out the Fetch Long Beach website to register and secure your spot today.