Research indicates that rehabilitation is useful for the treatment of various orthopedic and neurologic conditions,1 and so it is important to have proper equipment to aid in this necessary rehab therapy. Walkin’ Pets, a company dedicated to working with the veterinary community to improve patient mobility, has announced its new line of mobility products, set to launch first at the 2024 Veterinary Meeting & Expo in Orlando, Florida.2 Happening this weekend, January 13 to 17, Walkin’ Pets will have live demonstrations and exclusive offers at its booth in the exhibit hall.
Photo courtesy of Walkin' Pets.
The Walkin’ Pets “Vet Exclusive Line” includes:2
- Walkin' Fit Adjustable Splint, which provides full, lower leg support; the adjustable splint stabilizes the hock or carpal joints to help promote healing during physical therapy and recovery. The customizable fit accommodates even the most challenging cases, eliminating the need to own multiple splints or experience the delay of custom ordering braces for different-sized dogs and conditions. The adjustable width helps account for swelling or bandages in the limb while providing joint stabilization throughout the healing process.
- No-Knuckling Training Socks are available for both front and rear paws and are designed to enhance proprioception. The sensory stimulation acts as a reminder to pets to lift their limbs higher to enhance rehab sessions. The lightweight design also helps with gait correction and can be easily incorporated into training sessions.
- Walkin' Wrist Hugger is designed to conform to the natural angle of the carpal and provides support above and below the carpal joint, preventing hyperextension. Giving pets freedom of movement without limiting the range of motion or straining the injured joint.
- Walkin' Hock Hugger is tailored to conform to the natural angle of the hock and supports above and below the tarsal joint, preventing hyperextension. This product is recommended for patients to wear while not splinted.
In a company release, Robin Downing, DVM, MS, DBe, DAAPM, DACVSMR, Fear Free Elite Professional, said “Having these innovative mobility solutions available only to veterinary and rehabilitation professionals, gives us the tools we need to guide patients throughout the treatment process, allowing us to better educate pet parents, and ensure that our patients receive the highest standards of veterinary care.”2
All of these Walkin’ Pets products are intended for the use of veterinary professionals and their patients and should be used under the recommendation and supervision of one.
- Millis DL, Ciuperca IA. Evidence for canine rehabilitation and physical therapy. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2015;45(1):1-27. doi:10.1016/j.cvsm.2014.09.001
- Elevating Veterinary Care: Walkin’ Pets launches Vet Exclusive Line at VMX 2024. News release. Walkin’ Pets. January 10, 2024. Accessed January 11, 2024. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/elevating-veterinary-care-walkin-pets-launches-vet-exclusive-line-at-vmx-2024-experience-live-demonstrations-and-exclusive-offers-at-booth-2131-302030710.html#:~:text=ORLANDO%2C%20Fla.%2C%20Jan.,January%2013%2D17%2C%202024.