Morris Animal Foundation is inviting animal lovers to provide donations to its year-end fundraising campaign that is committed to advancing veterinary scientific exploration. Through this initiative, the organization aims to support longer, healthier lives for animals everywhere.
"The best gift we can give is the one that keeps our best friends by our side for years to come," expressed Ryan Welch, Morris Animal Foundation Interim President & CEO, in an organizational release.1 "We're asking for the support of animal lovers to make that possible. Gifts to the Foundation this holiday season will directly power studies leading to new diagnostics, preventives, treatments, and even cures for the life-threatening diseases and painful conditions affecting animals everywhere. The need now is greater than ever."
The donations will support over 160 ongoing animal health studies. Some highlights include:
- Explore whether a protein found in some human cancers is also present in hemangiosarcoma tumor tissue and is a potential therapy target for dogs2
- Determine the feasibility of using a drug as a treatment for systemic inflammatory response syndrome, a serious immune disorder in horses3
- Better understand the genetics of feline oral squamous cell carcinoma, a devastating oral cancer4
- Investigate the cause of baby European scops owl deaths in Madrid5
Those interested can also support the Morris Animal Foundation’s efforts by ordering holiday cards. These cards are eligible for the Board of Trustees matching gift to help animals around the world while offering loved ones a cherished note.
The campaign launched today and will run through December 31, 2023.
- Morris Animal Foundation launches critical year-end fundraising campaign. News release. Morris Animal Foundation. November 1, 2023. Accessed November 1, 2023. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/morris-animal-foundation-launches-critical-year-end-fundraising-campaign-301974467.html
- Morris Animal Foundation funds six hemangiosarcoma studies. Morris Animal Foundation. September 12, 2023. Accessed November 1, 2023. https://www.morrisanimalfoundation.org/article/morris-animal-foundation-funds-six-hemangiosarcoma-studies
- Searching for new treatments for systemic inflammatory response syndrome. Morris Animal Foundation. August 1, 2023. Accessed November 1, 2023. https://www.morrisanimalfoundation.org/study/searching-new-treatments-systemic-inflammatory-response-syndrome
- Understanding genetics of oral cancer. Morris Animal Foundation. January 1, 2023. Accessed November 1, 2023. https://www.morrisanimalfoundation.org/study/understanding-genetics-oral-cancer
- Urbanization may be changing disease dynamics for Madrid scops owls. Morris Animal Foundation. September 27, 2023. Accessed November 1, 2023. https://www.morrisanimalfoundation.org/article/urbanization-may-be-changing-disease-dynamics-madrids-scops-owls