© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
Luxury pet skincare line launches in US
Australian startup DOG by Dr Lisa offers veterinary-developed grooming and lifestyle products
DOG by Dr Lisa, an Australian luxury pet skincare and lifestyle startup, has officially launched its products in the US. The line was developed by founder and CEO Lisa Chimes, BVSc (Hons), MANZCVS, who is a veterinarian and pet mom who aimed to create thoughtful, natural products to address pet skincare needs.
"We care for our skin and our children's skin, so why not our pets?" said Chimes, in a company release. "Take a look at most skin and coat care products and you'll find harsh chemicals, which can lead to poor overall skin health. I've made it my mission to create natural and gentle products that are safe for their skin as well as our own."1
The US debut came after a significant year of growth for the brand in Australia, indicating they were ready for international expansion. DOG by Dr Lisa has currently raised 3.25 million Australian dollars and have seen an increased rate of 124% in annual sales.1
Chimes has been a practicing vet for over 16 years and has advised some big brands in pet care, however, could not find any solutions without harsh ingredients or skin irritants. Her DOG by Dr Lisa products address the need for eco-friendly, vegan, and veterinary-developed pet products.
DOG by Dr Lisa is now available in the US with 31 grooming and lifestyle products. Highlights include1:
- DOG Wipes - the skincare hero, these 100% compostable wipes help stretch out the time between baths.
- DOG Leave in Conditioner - a lightly scented no-rinse conditioner that keeps their skin and coat moisturized. Also comes in a spray.
- DOG Cologne - an alcohol-free solution formulated with small amounts of essential oils that hides odors while moisturizing the skin and coat.
- DOG Wash - gentle and eco-friendly shampoo for bath time.
- DOG Wash Brush - massages and scrubs the coat and skin while promoting blood circulation.
- DOG Wee Cleaner - this best-selling odor-neutralizing urine cleaner is a home must-have! Safe to use on floors, carpets, and soft furnishings.
- DOG Lick Mat - a boredom buster and enrichment activity that distracts your dog during their next wipe, brush, or wash - it also has suction cups to hold it in place.
All DOG by Dr Lisa products are 100% compostable/biodegradable, recyclable, and never tested on animals. They are available for purchase in the US on dogbydrlisa.com, Amazon, and in select retail stores.
DOG by Dr Lisa, a luxury pet skincare line, makes US debut. News release. DOG by Dr Lisa. February 9, 2023. Accessed February 14, 2023. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dog-by-dr-lisa-a-luxury-pet-skincare-line-makes-us-debut-301740802.html