© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
Kemin Equine hosts EquiSUMMIT
The company will host a free virtual event to educate attendees on important equine health topics
Kemin Equine—a division of Kemin Industries—announced it will host the 2022 EquiSUMMIT virtual event from Wednesday, May 25, to Thursday, May 26. The free event will feature equine experts and lectures that tackle important equine health issues such as heat stress, inflammation issues, and Leaky Gut Syndrome.
"Gut health is synonymous with horse health," said Michael Eggleston, Professional Animal Scientist (PAS), Kemin Equine, in an organizational release. "Up to 70% of immune function resides in the gastrointestinal tract, so when gut health is compromised a cascade of issues can occur that negatively impact the overall well-being and performance of your horse.
“Stress is another concern that can have a widespread impact on health, performance, and behavior. The goal of EquiSUMMIT is to provide horse enthusiasts with the information needed to make better nutrition and management decisions and improve their horses' health and wellbeing," he continued.
The lineup for the event includes1:
- Leaky Gut Syndrome with Anthony Blikslager, DVM, PhD, Professor of Equine Surgery and Gastroenterology, North Carolina State University
- The Gut-Brain Axis with Tania Cubitt, PhD, Equine Nutritionist, Performance Horse Nutrition
- The Equine Microbiome with Jyme Nichols, PhD, Feed Room Chemist and Director of Nutrition, Bluebonnet Feeds
- Equine Heat Stress with Michael Lindinger, PhD, President, Nutraceutical Alliance
- Feeding the Laminitis Horse with Stephen Duren, PhD, Founder, Performance Horse Nutrition
- Fecal Water Syndrome with Burt Staniar, PhD, Associate Professor, Penn State University
According to the release1, in addition to the presentations during the conferences, attendees will be able to download several learning resources and EquiTALK videos. All sessions will also be available once the event concludes.
The summit is approved to give attendees that are members of the American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists the chance to earn 6 continuing education units.1
Kemin Equine Presents 2022 EquiSUMMIT™. News release. Kemin Industries. May 10, 2022. Accessed May 11, 2022. https://prnmedia.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kemin-equine-presents-2022-equisummit-301544022.html