Veterinary HeroesTM Awards honorees at the 2022 Fetch dvm360® Conference in Kansas City, Missouri.
Nominations are open for the third annual dvm360® Veterinary HeroesTM Awards, a celebration of individuals who have achieved landmark successes within veterinary medicine. The program honors veterinary leaders selected by their peers for their remarkable achievements in improving patient outcomes.
Selected by a panel of distinguished judges, 1 honoree who makes a measurable difference to improve patient outcomes will be named in each category. The 15 categories are as follows:
- Civic Leader (community service)
- Client Service Representative
- Credentialed Veterinary Technician; sponsored by Think Anesthesia
- Dermatology; sponsored by Nexmune
- Emergency Medicine
- Feline Medicine
- General Practitioner
- Internal Medicine
- Nutrition; sponsored by Blue Buffalo Natural
- Practice Manager
- Rising Star (veterinary student)
- Surgery; sponsored by Nocita
- Veterinary Paraprofessional (noncredentialed support staff)
A veterinary hero can be many things, but they routinely fall into 1 or more of these descriptions:
- Someone who is an experienced, hands-on veterinary professional with a demonstrated history of care for patients and pet owners, using evidence-based medicine as a guide.
- Someone who serves as a primary point of contact for pet owners on a consistent basis, demonstrating extraordinary communication skills and the ability to act as the liaison between all treating team members to deliver exceptional, compassionate care.
- Someone who is advancing the profession, whether from the practical improvement of process to better the patient experience or someone who, through research and clinical studies, improves treatment paradigms while keeping ethical, responsible, and compassionate care all top of mind.
If you think someone you know is a Veterinary Hero, please visit our Veterinary Heroes Awards website and use the online form to guide you through the nomination process. Submissions must be completed on or before March 31, 2023 to be considered.