© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
BizQuiz: What can a manager do for you?
Take this quiz to see if you can spot the benefits of a practice manager.
Do you have a practice manager? If so, your practice is already reaping the many rewards. But if not, you may be surprised how much a manager can help ease day-to-day operations and improve profitability. Take this quiz to see if you can spot the benefits.
1) On average, how many hours a week of a practice owner's time can a manager save?
2) How much can a manager increase your gross revenue?
A: About 50 percent more revenue
3) How much does a practice lose per hour if a veterinarian owner spends time on managerial duties instead of practicing medicine?
4) Hiring a practice manager means …
A: You'll never have to make a business decision again.
B: You should still keep some of the decision-making for yourself.
C: You should watch every decision he or she makes carefully to ensure things are being done correctly.
5) Which statement is true regarding who you should hire?
A: Never hire someone internally from your practice; only hire practice managers with experience.
B: Never hire someone internally from your practice; current employees will not be effective because other employees will not accept them as a leader.
C: It's fine to hire someone internally from your practice.
6) When you first hire a manager, how long does it take before he or she can completely take the reins?
All finished? Check out the links below for even more advice.
"I save the owner 25 hours a week-and then some."
Manager continues to save practice owner time and money
Hiring a practice manager is profitable