© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
BizQuiz: Are your veterinary team meetings a snoozefest?
Find out if your veterinary staff roundups are boring and pointless-or educational and fun.
If your veterinary staff counts down the seconds to your next team meeting-congratulations! Give yourself a huge pat on the back and do a celebratory jig, because this quiz is not for you. If it's harder to tell whether your team meetings are more effective than boring, better go ahead and dig into these questions before your whole staff is snoozing.
(And after you’re done with the quiz, don’t doze off just yet. Check out practice manager Brian Conrad’s article Team meeting a snoozefest? Fix it! for more.)
1. Product representatives usually go over their scheduled time during presentations at your meetings, but you can't cut them off-that would be just plain rude!
2. You hold staff meetings every week no matter what.
3. Team meetings are the time to discuss current services-not launch new ones.
4. You don't always have an agenda going into every meeting-you prefer to fly by the seat of your pants and see where the meeting goes.
5. Team meetings are held wherever there's an open space in the clinic for the moment.
6. During meetings, team members always have a chance to share their accomplishments and current projects with the group.
If most of your answers resulted in a big, fat “Snoozefest!” alert, then it's probably time to re-examine your approach to team meetings. A crucial step in leading the perfect team meeting is creating an agenda that suits your staff. Study sample agendas that Brian Conrad, CVPM, uses and click here for more tips for turning your meeting around.