The two keys are cleanliness and kindness. Both require attention to clients and their needs. Here are 11 not-to-be-missed areas to show you care.
The two keys are cleanliness and kindness. Both require attention to clients and their needs. Here are 11 not-to-be-missed areas to show you care:
1. Make sure your practice sign is easily visible from the road.
2. Clear the parking lot of debris, especially the kind created by pets.
3. Clean, clean, and keep cleaning that reception area. Your practice doesn't have to smell like roses, but it should never smell like urine.
4. Fix any loose floor tiles, replace water-damaged ceiling tiles, and mount posters and art in frames.
5. Make eye contact when clients enter the practice. Greet them with a smile, and introduce yourself to the client and pet.
6. Inform and educate clients. Give them handouts, create photomurals, and explain everything step by step.
7. Dress to impress. Look professional and wear a nametag that lists your position or credentials.
8. Give clients tours of your clean, orderly practice from front to back.
9. Make appointment times clear and remind the client about the scheduled time.
10. Call the client after the surgery to make an appointment to meet with the doctor so he or she can go over post-op care and answer any questions.
11. Explain all charges and the value of the care provided.
These 11 steps are all easy to do, as long as you build and maintain a highly trained healthcare team by providing lots of continuing edudation.