Good morning dvm360 readers and happy first week of fall! We are excited to enter the new season and begin to close out another successful year. We are also just a few weeks away from celebrating the wonderful veterinary technicians out there for National Veterinary Technician Week. Be sure to check in throughout the entire month of October as we celebrate all the hard-working, dedicated, and inspirational veterinary technicians out there!
Here is what you can find this week on dvm360.com:
- Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences announced that is starting construction on a $230 million upgrade to expand its veterinary medicine and education facilities located on Colorado State University’s South Campus.
- The FDA released a draft guidance for industry (GFI) to give recommendations on how animal drug sponsors can voluntarily establish a defined duration of certain drug use for approved medically necessary antimicrobial animal drugs that indicate a lack of limited duration use.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Adam Christman, DVM, MBA, and Christie D’Andrea, DVM, discuss how the veterinary urgent care model stems from the human version, plus its impact on the veterinary industry.
- Embark Veterinary Inc. will be offering its Embark for Breeders dog DNA tests to the members of the Assistance Dog International breeding cooperative for North American Members.
- A new episode of dvm360 Live! drops this week! Our host Christman is joined by Jules Benson, BVSc, MRCVS, vice president, animal health, and chief veterinary officer at Nationwide Pet Insurance to chat about its digital platform for pet data and education, plus featuring a bike race around the dvm360 office building.
- And more!