During this podcast, we will discuss the innovative new science behind the Douxo® S3 line by Ceva specifically focused the new to veterinary medicine active ingredient, Ophytrium®. We will discuss the basics of cutaneous structure aka the epidermal barrier function as well as the cutaneous immune system and response and finally the cutaneous microbiome. These 3 different systems all play a role in many different dermatologic diseases which plague our veterinary patients.
- Better understanding of the 3 skin barriers: epidermal barrier, immunological barrier, and microbiological barrier
- Understand how all three of these barriers are disrupted in allergic disease leading to itching
- Know how Ophytrium® works to repair these barriers
- Introduction of Ophytrium® – how and why it was chosen as the active ingredient in the innovative S3 skin care line.
- Review of cutaneous structure and the epidermal barrier with focus on how this structure is involved in the development and progression of allergic skin disease
- Review cutaneous immune system and response with focus on the atypical immune system response which occurs in allergic skin disease
- Discuss the current understanding of the cutaneous microbiome and how/why dysbiosis occurs
- Review how topical Ophytrium® interacts with each of these 3 different aspects of the skin