Learn and earn CE credits online with dvm360 Flex
Sponsored by Antech. Head to dvm360 Flex and login or create a free CE account and claim your credit after listening to this episode.
In this case-based session, we will discuss the hematologic analysis of Mac, a critically ill Greyhound mix, as we dissect the details of his CBC and blood film review that decode an interesting twist to a cool case with a suspenseful ending.
Introduce Mac’s case
Discuss hematology basics
In-depth review of Mac’s CBC results
Discuss blood film basics
Discuss findings from Mac’s blood film review
1. Understand importance of sample quality and handling to accurate hematology results
2. Analyze each individual component of the CBC
3. Review leukogram patterns
4. Correlate CBC data with key microscopic findings from the blood film review
5. Evaluate morphologic changes of neutrophils consistent with toxicity
6. Learn clinical significance of mastocythemia
7. Discuss ancillary diagnostics performed in response to key CBC changes