© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and dvm360 | Veterinary News, Veterinarian Insights, Medicine, Pet Care. All rights reserved.
Podcast CE: 360 parasite protection
Learn about complete protection from a broad array of parasites
Content sponsored by Interceptor Plus and Credelio. This podcast is worth 0.25 CE credits. Head to dvm360.com/flex and login or create an account to redeem your free CE after listening to this episode.
Dogs are at risk of infection and infestation from a broad array of parasites. In this podcast we discuss the importance of broad spectrum parasite control to protect the health of dogs, including internal parasites like heartworm, roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, and tapeworms, and external parasites like fleas and ticks. Many of these parasite pose a zoonotic risk but all can be controlled by implementing comprehensive, 360-degree protection.
- Where are dogs exposed to and at risk of acquiring internal and external parasites?
- How can we raise awareness about parasite concerns with pet owners?
- Which active ingredients are effective at controlling tapeworms and whipworms?
- What parasites are most common in adult dogs in the US?
- Strategies for implementing comprehensive, “360-degree” protection against canine parasites
- List the major parasites of dogs in North America and recognize preventives that are effective at controlling them.
- Compare zoonotic concerns for various internal and external canine parasites.
- Develop approaches that will provide comprehensive parasite control for dogs.