Merck & Co. Inc. and Merial Limited introduce the Ninth Edition of the Merck Veterinary Manual.
The Manual is in its 50th year of production and addresses diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases in companion, food and exotic animals. More than 350 contributors aid in the production of the reference, and the ninth edition includes more than 400 additional pages.
The ninth edition includes:
- Expanded coverage of emerging diseases, such as West Nile encephalitis and chronic wasting disease.
- Extensively revised sections on exotic animals, including caged birds, ferrets, fish, rabbits and reptiles.
- New coverage of ophthalmic emergencies and equine emergency medicine.
- An updated zoonoses reference table, including recent animal diseases transmissible to people, such as SARS, as well as new content detailing clinical manifestations of these diseases in humans.
- Six new toxicology chapters, including frequent causes of poisoning in small animals, such as household food and drugs.
- A more user-friendly and expanded pharmacy section including new content on drug interactions and pharmacodynamics, veterinary dosage forms and delivery systems and chemical residues in food and fiber.
For fastest response, call