iVET360 unveils veterinary recruiting and hiring toolkit
This free resource offers hiring and practice managers a reference for writing attractive job ads, developing a formal recruitment process, and beyond.
iVET360 recently released its Recruiting Tool Kit1—a series of articles, templates, and how-to guides designed for veterinary practices and developed by the company’s human resources & training team.
The comprehensive toolkit was created to help practice and hiring managers establish a formal recruitment and hiring process and navigate the complex legal issues related to interviewing candidates. What's more, it also features an exclusive, user-friendly Job Ad Creation Tool2 to ensure the process of writing job ads is simpler, quicker, and more efficient.
According to a company release,3 this resource addresses the major issue surrounding recruiting and hiring in the veterinary industry—confirmed by the results of iVET360’s Practice Manager Report released in September of 2021.4 The report surveyed 683 practices in 49 states and revealed that recruitment was considered the No. 1 challenge for most veterinary hospitals.4
Additionally, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) cites that currently, there are around 18 open positions for every veterinarian seeking a job and 6 open positions for every technician or assistant.5 Due to the high volume of vacant positions and burnout amid the COVID-19 pandemic, iVET360 is committed to helping in whatever way it can, according to Heather Romano, managing director of human resources & training for iVET360.
“We can’t wave a magic wand and increase vet school enrollments or inspire more people to become vet techs," noted Romano. "But what we can do is offer our expertise to an industry that frankly, we depend on. That’s our motivation behind creating this site.”
iVET360 encourages clinics to bookmark or download its free Recruiting Tool Kit for reference during each recruitment and hiring stage.
- The recruiting tool kit. iVET360. https://ivet360.com/recruiting-tool-kit/. Accessed October 19, 2021.
- Recruiting tool kit: Job ads. IVET360. https://ivet360.com/recruiting-tool-kit/job-ads/#create. Accessed October 19, 2021.
- iVET360 offers free recruiting and hiring help for veterinary hospitals. News release. iVET360. October 19, 2021. Accessed October 19, 2021. [email].
- iVET360. The 2021 practice manager survey results are in. https://ivet360.com/pmr/. September 2021. Accessed October 19, 2021.
- American Veterinary Medical Association. For veterinary medicine, a jobseekers’ market. https://www.avma.org/blog/veterinary-medicine-jobseekers-market. May 17, 2021. Accessed October 19, 2021.