Find Your Happiness in These 10 Cities
Researchers have found that several key ingredients make people happy, including a positive mental state, a healthy body, job satisfaction, strong social connections and financial wellbeing. Which U.S. cities have mastered the perfect recipe for happiness?
There are some things that money can’t buy, and happiness is one of them. But where you choose to spend your days can have a substantial impact on your wellbeing and comfort.
Wallethub, a website that offers free credit scores and reports, analyzed 180 of the largest U.S. cities to determine which was home to the happiest people in America. Each city was graded on 28 key indicators of happiness, broken down into three overarching categories: emotional and physical wellbeing, income and employment, and community and environment.
Which cities had the lowest and highest depression rates? Which had the highest and lowest amount of work hours per week? These types of factors play into how fulfilled and happy residents of each city are when they wake up each morning.
Here are the 10 happiest cities in the United States for 2018.
- Third best city for community and environment.
- Fifth highest sports-participation rate.
- Second highest sports-participation rate.
- Second lowest separation and divorce rate.
- Second highest adequate-sleep rate.
- Second best city for income and employment.
- Fourth lowest separation and divorce rate.
- Second best city for community and environment.
- Also ranked second best city for emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Fifth lowest separation and divorce rate.
- Best city for emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Best city for income and employment.
- Best city for community and environment.
- Lowest separation and divorce rate.
- Fourth highest sports-participation rate.
To see the full list, visit the Wallethub website.