Pet dental health campaign offers free client-education kits and a chance to win a chunk of change.
Promote dental health if you want to offer pets the best care and get the chance to win up to $2,000. As part of the 15th Annual Pets Need Dental Care, Too campaign, veterinary team members can request free Pet Dental Health Campaign kits to help educate clients about pet dentistry. The tools in the kit include:
• Program guides to help team members protect patients' oral health
• Pet owner invitation postcards, guides, and report cards
• Mouse pads
• Information on dental diet pet food
• 2009 Pet Dental Awareness Contest entry forms.
Speaking of the contest, all practices that conduct activities to promote pet dental health are eligible to enter. Entries will be judged based on:
• Effective use of the Pets Need Dental Care, Too kit materials
• Case study of a pet helped during the campaign
• Integration of dental care during and after the campaign
• Creative ideas and execution
• Publicity and media coverage
• Practice growth achieved through campaign participation
• Community outreach efforts.
The first-place contest winner receives $2,000, second place $1,000, third place $500, and fourth through 10th place winners will be awarded membership in the American Veterinary Dental Society and receive a subscription for their team to the Journal of Veterinary Dentistry.
Request a free dental kit and entry form by visiting PetDental.com. The 2009 Pet Dental Health Campaign is made possible by a partnership among the American Veterinary Medical Association, American Veterinary Dental Society, Academy of Veterinary Dentistry, American Veterinary Dental College Academy of Veterinary Dental Technicians, Veterinary Oral Health Council, and Hill's Pet Nutrition Inc.