Introduction to the Human-Animal Bond in Veterinary Medicine: Courses 1 and 2
This two-part online course includes lectures about promoting the human-animal bond. You may register for one or both parts. (2 CE credits each, 4 total)
Offered by the Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine
Course 1: What is the Human-Animal Bond?
- The Biophilia Hypothesis
- The physiological basis for human-animal bonding
- Companion animals as social support
- HAB's contribution to children's cognitive, language, emotional, and social development
- The HAB in action: horseback riding for people with disabilities and animal-assisted therapy for children with pervasive developmental disorder
Course 2: The Human-Animal Bond and Veterinary Medicine
- The history of the HAB in veterinary medicine
- The importance of the HAB for veterinary students
- The integration of the HAB into the private practice of veterinary medicine
- Supporting clients facing or going through the loss of their companion animal
For more information or to register, click here.